Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Moon

Did you see the moon this evening? WOW! I was shooting the Texas Rangers vs Tampa Bay Rays baseball game and I looked up between innings and I saw the moon next to the flag. It was very cool. The sky was so clear I could see all the craters on the surface too. I just had to take a photo to share.
Tonight was a very patriotic night at the game. During the pre-game ceremony they had a group of Marine recruits taking their oath of service. I've seen them so this before and I've always thought it was pretty neat for the recruits to get to take the oath in front of a large crowd of people but it never meant anything to me personally. Tonight was a little different. When the recruits walked off the field I looked up and made eye contact with one and to my surprise it was a student who had taken my photography class two years ago. He just graduated this year and has joined the Marines to serve our country. I'm really proud of him and I was glad I was there to see him make such a big commitment to our country.

1 comment: