Friday, June 19, 2009

Retirement Scrapbook Pages

I've been working on a project the last few days to create a series of scrapbook pages for a client for a retirement party for a 30 year employee. The pages were created at 12x12 so that they can be displayed side by side in 12x12 frames. There are a lot of pictures and memories included in the three pages which are divided into decades. This was a big project and my husband helped me out by scanning photos and objects for the pages. I think I spent about 12 hours working on them but I'm pretty happy with the finished product.

First up is the 80s. It includes 24 1/2 individual photos and the scanned art of the name tag. I created the big 30 as a focal point to match the journaling circle on page 2 and I used the green "mats" to match the nameplate. If you look at the three pages together you will see the bars of photos continue across all the pages to join them together as a whole with pictures starting from the oldest on the left and going to mast recent on the far right when all 3 pages are lined up.
Next is the 90s. The line of photos continues and the journaling circle lists all the projects the man worked on in his tenure with the company. Instead of name tag in the 90s we scanned a button from the project he spent most of his time working on. 17 1/2 photos and the scanned button. WOW!
Finally, the 2000s. 16 1/2 photos and 3 scanned objects. The name tag, the drawing of the windmill and the shovel "i" in Dirt. This was a fun project to work on and I'm proud of how it came out.
If you are interested in having some pages scrapped for you contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment