Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lovely Laurie's Senior Portraits

I spent the morning with Laurie and her mom in Granbury taking her senior portraits. We had a wonderful time and I think Laurie is quite happy with the photos we took. We went to places that were special to her to help give her pictures some meaning.

We started our day down my the lake where the grass was green. Doesn't her pink shirt look fabulous against the green background?
There was a hammock down by the lake so we took this casual relaxed photo.
She loves her hometown and she did some outstanding scouting of locations yesterday and knew exactly where to go to get the courthouse tower over her shoulder with trees around her.
Next we went to her church and took some photos by the columns. I love this one in black and white.
The last place we went was to the softball field at her school. She is the catcher for her team and she brought lots of good props for the photos. We had a jersey, a letter jacket, softballs, a glove, a batting helmet, a catchers mask and even shin guards. We used them in lots of the photos but I like these two myself. The first is simple with just a ball and her jersey.
The second has Laurie in her letter jacket and I made it partial color to show off her school colors of purple and gold.
Finally, this may be my favorite photo of the day. Laurie is really involved in her church and while we were shooting at the church it started to rain so we went up in the youth room which has these awesome paintings on the walls. I love how the lightning coming from the fingertips leads you right to Laurie.
We had a great time today. If you are interested in booking a senior portrait session contact me to set up a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment