Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm a winner!

I'm so excited. As you know I like to scrapbook, and last week I was surfing the net and came across LBCreations blog and she was having a contest to win a set of CU textures for digital scrapbooking. All I had to do was comment on her blog post and she chose 5 winners to receive this cool prize.
If you don't know how texture overlays work it is simple. You open the photo you want to put the texture on then you copy and paste the texture jpg into a new layer then you change the blending mode to overlay and voila you have a photo that looks like canvas or cardstock or whatever texture you used. Then you can flatten the image and use it in a scrapbook page or just print it out. I like to use the textures to create backgrounds that are not just solid colors. To do that I open a new file that is 12x12 inches and use the paint bucket to make it the color I want. Then I just open the texture file, paste it in a new layer, change the blending mode to overlay, and I have cool textured paper. I can;t wait ot try out my new texture overlays. If you want to get your own set here's a link to Babette's store.

No comments:

Post a Comment