Thursday, July 23, 2009

Family Time

I had dinner at my grandmother's house tonight. I don't get to see my grandmother often but I love it when I do. She's 87 and an amazing woman. She's creative and talented and she and my mom always used to do crafts with me when I was little. I think those days influenced me my decision to go into a creative field. She still quilts and sews all the time.

This is my Memaw with me and my brother in 1974. Love that orange chair!
This is my Memaw making dinner today.
While at her house I found this picture of my parents taken in November 1968. I don't think I'd ever seen it before but it was sitting on a shelf in the living room.
This picture was also on the shelf. I remember it from when I was a little kid. It needs a lot of photoshop work to clean up the scratches, but I like it anyway. It was in this acrylic cube that had six sides and there was a picture of each of her kids with their families on four of the sides and a picture of my Memaw and Pawpaw on one of the other sides. Don't ask what was on the sixth side...I don't remember.
Looking at old photos makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. I still say Brooke looks like you in these old pictures! Love that picture of your parents.

    ReplyDelete