Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cadillac Ranch

I'm in Amarillo to photograph a wedding this weekend so I thought I would take a trip out the the famous Cadillac Ranch for some blog photos. I've been there numerous times before but they have moved it farther west since last time I was there. Really? You can just pick up a monument and move it? Funny if you ask me, but the whole concept is pretty funny anyway - 10 Cadillacs planted in the ground in the middle of a field.

So we over heard this kid say to his dad. "How did this wreck happen?" Then he climbed up on top of the car so his mom could take a photo.
It was pretty had to get a clean shot of all the cars because there were so many people milling around but I waited and was rewarded with one frame.
When you drive up to the site there are signs telling you not to spray paint on the outside of the fence.
And I've never seen people so brazenly painting in the middle of the day. I think everyone there had spray paint but me! There's so much graffiti that you can;t really read any of it and people have taken to painting on the dirt around the cars. Seriously?
Love the clouds.
More clouds with a silhouette of the cars.
It was a fun hour shooting photos and spending time with my mom who was very patient as I waited out the tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment