Monday, November 9, 2009

Bowling

Sunday I took some photos of a few professional bowlers competing to see if it's better to bowl one-handed or two. If you aren't a bowler then you have no Idea what I am talking about, but my dad is in the Bowling Hall of Fame so I know the difference. I grew up watching Earl Anthony on TV on Saturday afternoons so Sunday's photo shoot was pretty fun for me.

You can really see the difference from the side. The American bowls the traditional one-handed style, but look at how high he lifts the ball on the back-swing. Wow!
The Austrailian bowls the two-handed style. You should have seen the rotations and curve on his ball. Amazing!
After the match they held a clinic for people to learn the styles. I think this is such a fun photo of this kid following through after throwing the ball two handed.
This kid had the coolest glasses reflecting the bowlers on the lanes.
And just in case you were wondering, no...this time I did not come close to getting hit by the balls. These guys were pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment