Friday, May 15, 2009

Gallery Night

My students hosted two gallery nights this year. The first one was hosted at Marty Seybold Gallery in Arlington, TX and they showed 32 photos. Only the advanced, i.e. second year, students got to show off their photography at this show because it is a small intimate gallery. The second show was much bigger. 206 photos. yes 206! all the students got to participate and we help the show at the school. We had 70 of the photos framed and on easels and the rest were hung on the walls. I was a little worried some of the photos would fall off the walls before the end of the night but they stayed up and our visitors were quite impressed with the students quality of work. All the photos were offered for sale in a silent auction and now that all the checks have come in I am proud to announce that my kids raised $1815 to donate to The Mansfield Education Foundation. I am so proud to see my students donate this money to the MISD Foundation since the Foundation has been so generous to them by funding several Innovative Teaching grants that I have written. This year alone my kids got two digital Rebels with CF cards and camera bags, a set of tungsten studio lights and the frames and easels for the gallery night all from the Education Foundation. Giving back feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment