Thursday, December 17, 2009

Classic Christmas photos

So I was looking through my family archive for a photo for a Christmas present and I came across these photos from my childhood. I remember we had the greatest Christmas tree ever. It was in this GIANT box and we stored it on a shelf in the garage. That tree had a pole with holes in it and each hole was color coded to match a tree branch that went there. Putting up the tree was an entire evening project, not like it is now where you take the pre-assembled, pre-lit tree out of the box and fold down the branches and plug it in. My brother and I would put all the different color coded branches into piles and my dad would tell us what color to get him and he put all the branches into the tree. Funny though...I bet if I saw that tree now the box isn't nearly as big as I remember and the branches are probably not as full and beautiful, but memory is a funny thing - that was the greatest tree ever!

This is me and my Dad in 1974. I was almost 3 at the time.
Here is me and my brother in front of the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve, 1979. Aren't his Dallas Cowboys PJ's awesome!
This is what Santa brought me in 1979. Such cool stuff! A canopy doll bed with a doll, a barbie with a barbie car, a Spirograph...how cool was that! Some craft caddy with paint and see that record player in the back, yes a record player, my guess is that there was a Donnie and Marie or Captain and Tenille record in there somewhere since they were totally my favorite at that time. By the way, I still have the Story Land book on my bookshelf.
Santa was good to me! What did you get for Christmas when you were a kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment