Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bluebonnets!

This weekend I was in the Hill Country and there were some amazing bluebonnets. Seriously amazing. Fields full of them. When you grow up in West Texas like I did and you learn in school that the bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas it doesn't make any sense. They don't grow out there, but when you drive through the hill country in April...WOW! I get it now.
But first a pretty leaf picture I took in the rain.
Now for the flowers. Like I said...some SEROIUS bluebonnets. Tons and tons of them, and the grass hadn't grown up into them like you see on the side of the highway. There's like the perfect day to photograph the bluebonnets after they are fully mature but the grass around them is still short. Ahhh...Sunday was that perfect day.
I like this one...it's a little different form how most people take the bluebonnet photo.
Here's how I usually see them photographed but it was raining so there are some cool water droplets on the petals. :)
Here I am among the bluebonnets and indian paintbrush. My husband took this photo. He's somewhat of a photographer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment