Sunday, September 12, 2010

One Heart.

For the last few years I've been taking photos of the One Heart Bowl. It's a pretty amazing football game. Faith Christian Academy plays Grapevine State School and the fans and cheerleaders support the players from Gainsville as if they were the home team. It's really heart-warming to see the looks on the players faces when they feel the love coming from the stands. The players from Gainsville are all juvenile offenders and most don't have the love of friends or family. They basically get out of juvie on Friday nights and get to feel like regular kids for a few hours, except for the guards watching over them.

My good friend David Thomas has written a book about the One Heart Game and you can buy it on Amazon now. It will be released in stores in a few months. I'm reading it now and it's great.
I tok this in the fourth quarter and I really love the feeling of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment