Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Diana and Matt's Wedding

Diana and Matt were married at Grace Covenant Church in Arlington with a reception at Shady Valley Golf Club it was a beautiful day! Diana is one of my former students and when she called me to photograph her wedding I jumped at the chance.

A fun reflection in the makeup compact mirror while she was getting made up for the wedding at Legacy Salon.

Diana and her mom putting on earrings.

So let me tell you a little story. A few years ago doctor's found a benign tumor on Diana's spine and they removed it, but when she woke up from surgery she had no feeling in her legs. When I met her to talk about photographing her wedding she was walking with a cane and she told me her goal was to walk down the aisle at her wedding. Diana has so much strength and determination and this is her first step down the ailse on her father's arm. Let me tell you, there was not a dry eye in the house. I was even crying. Diana is an amazing woman.

So this might be my favorite photo. I love that Matt and Diana are looking at each other but their parents are looking at them. It's really sweet.

This church was beautiful. A runner down the center aisle scattered with rose petals and fabric draped along the pews and the backlit cross front and center. So pretty to photograph.

We're married!

A kiss in the elevator as they sneak away after the ceremony.

I love this shot of their hands as they pray before the food is served at the reception.

Between the cakes.

A little closer shot of the cake cutting.

The first dance.

They had the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances at the same time. It was really sweet.

Look how happy they all are.

Dancing with Scott.

The bubble exit!

Love my Darling Diana! Thanks for letting me share your special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment