Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Self Portrait with retro camera

I have a bunch of old broken cameras on a shelf at school and today I was inspired to take a portrait. My students were playing with them last week and I noticed that this particular one still reflected the image of the photographer into the lens. It's old and dirty, but I kind of like it that way.
So I set up a tripod with a little point and shoot on it then I had to move the lights around so that one was on the ground pointing up to light my face from below while another was in the front lighting the front of the camera. It would have been easier with an SLR but I didn't have mine at school today. Then when I put it on the computer I overlaid a few textures to make the whole thing look old. I'm happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment