Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Some Old Photos

A friend of mine sent me on a treasure hunt through my photo archives looking for a specific photo and along the way I came across a few photos from my college days that I remember fondly.

This photo is from the Carol of Lights in 1993. I don't know is they still even have the Carol of Lights at Tech but I remember it being such a big deal on campus. It was right after Thanksgiving and we got permission to climb out on the roof of the Math Building to take this photo. I remember having two different cameras and this one was on a tripod with the shutter left open for the entire event. The other camera I used to take some shorter exposures. I like how all the little flashes going off make stars in the photo. Nice memory.
This is from a Homecoming Bonfire pep rally in 1994 I think. The twirlers were performing with their batons lit on fire. So cool...and before I owned a TTL flash. This was a Vivitar 283 where I had to figure out my distance from the subject and pick the color to go with the aperture I was using to expose my film. Yes, I said film. Those were the days :)
Finally, another photo from that bonfire. I love that cutout Double-T in the Saddle Tramps bell. Ahhh...college was so photographic!

1 comment:

  1. TEXAS TECH!!
    i cant wait till the carol of lights!

    ReplyDelete