Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Selective Color

Last week I took some family photos for a friend and as you can tell her little girl was not too into it. This was one of the few photos where she wasn't screaming, and I think it's cute. It totally captures their family and the innocence of their little girl. I've played around with it in Photoshop and I can't decide which version I like better. The first photo is full saturation and the second is a combination of a partially desaturated image with the denim pulled out full saturation to highlight the blues...I'm thinking of making a scrapbook page on a blue background so I might use it for that. Which do you like better, the full color version or the desaturated one?

















So my friend, Mercedes, above, likes to digital scrapbook too and she's good at it. She's made this amazing book about her daughter's first year and she just finished making a photo book from her sister's wedding photos, which were taken by me of course :)

To see some of her pages go here.

You can see my pages here.

1 comment:

  1. I like the desaturated one, I think it matches better with the tone of the picture/expression of the little girl.

    ReplyDelete