Monday, April 13, 2009

Finished Birthday Page

I finished the page! Here it is. I spent all day deciding what I wanted to do, what colors I wanted to use and making a cutout of my niece for the page, but I'm pretty happy with it. I liked the yellow tint of the candlelight from the cake photo and the off white of her sweater so I went with some earthy tones that brought out those colors. I know the big trend in scrapbooking is to use one photo, and I can't decide if that's because most people only have one good photo from an event or because it's so much quicker to scrap a page with just one photo on it...I like so many of my photos and I like working my pages like a little puzzle so I used 8 photos on this page. Get it...eight-years-old, eight photos and thus the title "Eight".
I used quite a few "freebies" I downloaded from the internet for this page. Thanks and Credits go to: Angelica E. for the paper from her Rough Solids Paper Pack, Amy Stoffel for the flowers from her Summer Dreams Freebie, Sara Belmont at Sweet Blossom Designs for the yellow stamp from her Bee Happy Kit, Louise Williams from eidou for her Mistletoe & Wine Alpha which I recolored to match the flowers, Nicole at Digi Designs by Nicole for the bracket from her Funky Love kit that I recolored to match the flowers, and Kevin and Amanda for Amanda's Hand font which I downloaded from their free font site at http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/

Want me to come take photos at your child's birthday party? Pricing can be found on my website at http://www.ellmanphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment