Sunday, June 9, 2013

Karen & Michael

So a few weeks ago I got to photograph the wonderful wedding of Karen and Michael. I've been seeing them at weddings over the past few years so when they called me to photograph theirs I was super excited. The wedding and ceremony were both at Hackberry Creek Country Club and it was a perfect day. Blue skies, not too hot or windy for an outdoor evening ceremony. The cakes...and they were amazing, just wait til you see them were done by Wendy Sewell, the bridal party flowers were done by Justine's Flowers and the Reception flowers and decorations were done by Leslie Waldson, she's awesome by the way...if you need wedding coordinator or day-of point person. you should call her. Karen and Michael had us do a photo booth for them so we had quite a team at their wedding. Here are the highlights from myself, Gregg and Robert.
 Karent brought me their invitations to photograph the rings on. Love these.

 Her dress, shoes and magnificently detailed veil.
His and hers flowers. I love that she carried a small bible in her bouquet. I did that at my wedding :) I carried the bible my mother carried when she got married.
 Karen getting her dress on.
 Before...and after.
 Now that the wedding is over I can share some of Karen's gorgeous bridals.
 Michael and his guys getting ready.
 Such a handsome groom.
 Ceremony time. Love this moment between Karen and her dad just before they walked down the aisle.
 Here comes the bride.
 Michael sees her.

It as a beautiful blue sky day.
 I love the way he looks at her.
 Rings.
Karen and Michael gave their parents a single rose.
Mazel Tov!
 The kiss.
 They walked back up the aisle to the theme from Star Wars. How cool is that?!
 A kiss at the end of the aisle.
 Portrait time. All the guys. They are a pretty good looking crew.
The beautiful girls.
The super cute kids.
 The whole wedding party.
 Some alone time.
 Reception details. Leslie's beautiful handiwork on display.
 Michael ran down the lin of his wedding party after they made their way in. Great expressions!
Sweet first dance.
 I think they are pretty happy, don't you?
  So here are the amazing cakes. The bride's cake is exquisite but check out the grooms cake. Wow! Simply fabulous.
Here's a nice wide shot of the room as they cut the cake. I'm in the corner :)
Cutting the grooms cake. This reminds me on the movie Steel Magolias where he had the Armadillo groom's cake and they cut the tail off. Michael's cake was red velvet too.
 This is cute. Him feeding her bride's cake and her feeding him groom's cake. Their expressions are priceless.
 Good stuff!
The co-best men give a toast.
That made everyone laugh.
 ...laugh so hard they cried.
Maid of honor toast.
Love the eyes peeking out from the glasses.
Dance with daddy.
 Dance with mom.
Fun bouquet and garter toss.
 They had a photo booth we set up and they brought the props.
 This is me and all my beautiful brides who were at the wedding. Leslie, Karen and Fawn, you are all wonderful. I loved every minute of all your weddings and engagement photos.
 Now this did not happen in the photo booth...in fact the groomsmen took Robert and snuck into the lockerroom during the reception to take this very special photo for Karen and Michael. they weren't supposed to know about it until they saw their photos. So, Karen and Michael...here's your gift from your groomsmen. You know, I love, love, LOVE a wedding party that wants to have fun.
 Dance party time. Andrew and Leslie. Love these guys.
 Fawn and Matt...love them too.
 Karen and Michael dancing to Baby's Got Back.
 They danced all night.
 Fun! I've seen the Teers at a few weddings recently.
Time to say good bye.
 Sparkler exit.
 Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for having me capture your beautiful wedding day. I hope you love all your photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment