Monday, March 14, 2011

Scrapbooking

It's spring Break and you know what that means...SCRAPBOOKING! Actually it means working on my new website and buying furniture and samples for my new studio, but in my downtime to relax I'm working on a few scrapbook pages.

By the way, have you seen my new website redesign...that's what I was really working on all weekend. It's slick. I love it. There's all kinds of sliding photos and a redirect so that if you are on an iPad you get an HTML site without the Flash. It even has a separate redirect on it that will send you to my cool mobile site if you are on an iPhone. Let me just say, I sat in my chair for like 20 hours over the weekend editing and uploading photos. Whew! It's finally up...go check it out.

Last month I went to Las Vegas to get inspired at WPPI. IT was a fantastic photography conference, I learned a lot and I used my new iPhone and the Hipstamatic app to take all my photos. It seems crazy that a photographer would go on a vacation without a "camera," but I wanted to travel light and force myself out of my 35mm SLR comfort zone.
So this is the page I came up with. The background is two photos sandwiched together. One is of the hotel taken from the conference center while waiting an a very long line to get into a class and the other is a photo of the painted wall in the hallway between the MGM Grand and the Conference Center. I love those swirls :) Then I saved some stuff from the trip, the folder my room keys were in, the Mardi Gras mask and medallion from the Canon party, and the wooden and plastic toothpicks that were in the burgers I ate. I scanned all that stuff when I got home along with my name badge. When I started putting my page together I decided it needed a little something si I went into my embellishment stash and pulled out the Clear Tabs and Staples by Gunhild Storeide and the Glitter Smears from Uptown Girl Collab by A Work in Progress Designs by Vicki. Viola! I like it. It takes a lot longer than using a coordinated kit, believe me but the whole page is totally my creation and I love it.

This one is a few more Hipstamatic photos from the first day I had my new iPhone. I used Happy Days, the new kit from A Work in Progress Designs by Vicki. It was perfect for these photos don't you think?
Finally Mel came out with a new kit this week called Spice. It's full of reds and oranges and made me remember that I had never scrapped the family portraits I took for my brother's family last fall. Cute, huh? I love those little girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment